SOAP CLUB (Handcrafted Cold Process Soapmaking)
Have you ever heard your parents or grandparents talk about someone making soap back in the day? Have you wondered how it was done? Wonder no more! Join RCA's very own soaping club. Not only will you learn how to make soap, you will also learn how to make lip balm, deodorant, laundry soap and more, using natural ingredients and ingredients that you can eat and/or pronounce.
Cold process soap making involves creating custom soaps from scratch. In this club, you will learn step by step how to:
- Make a batch of cold process soap.
- You will learn a brief history of soap making.
- Learn safety tips and practices.
- Practice proper handling of sodium hydroxide.
- Understand the basic chemical process of soap.
- Have fun customizing your soap batch with color, scents and additives, options for molds and what to do with your soap after it saponifies (chemically changes into soap).